Evaluate the houses' electrical energy self-sufficiency, management and
reduction of energy consumption, electrical energy efficiency,
efficiency of all the house components and their own solar energy
consumption. Assess homes' energy consumption and energy balance. Assess
network load management and limitation of peak power. The Teams must
demonstrate to what degree the house design, including its systems
definition, contributes to enhance the energy efficiency of the house.
It will be assessed on
The deliverables relative to the project, in particular on the
Construction Documents, as well as the on site evaluation of the house.
The collected data of the different electric energy flows, by the
organization's monitoring system during the competition period.
How it will be evaluated
A multidisciplinary jury made up of engineers specialists in the
different disciplines. The evaluation of this contest is also based on
the electric energy measurements.
Monitored performance and Jury scoring:
- Load consumption per surface area.
- Positive electrical balance
- Temporary generation- consumption profile patterns correlation.
- House adjustment to network load state
- Efficiency of the House's Envelope
- Efficiency of passive or mostly passive systems
- Efficiency of the active systems (heating, cooling, ventilation,
lighting and hot water)
- Energy analysis of the house and annual consumption estimation
- Embodied energy analysis
- Efficiency of the appliances and energy saving mechanisms
- Efficiency increase due to the house management